Department of Medicine
A physician is a professional who practices medicine, which is concerned with promoting, maintaining or restoring human health through the study, diagnosis, and treatment of disease, injury, and other physical and mental impairments. They may focus their practice on certain disease categories, types of patients, or methods of treatment – known as specialist medical practitioners.
The Department of Medicine at Hamida Ashiq Trust Hospital cares for patients coming to Hamida Ashiq Trust Hospital and those referred from Avicenna Medical College and Hospital as well as other local/periphery medical centres and clinics.
Below is a list of ways the Department of Medicine can help provide you with many medical services to meet your health care needs.
- Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Blood and Bone Marrow Disorders
- Digestive Health Issues
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Gastroenterology and Herpetology (digestive health, liver and pancreas)
- Hematology – blood diseases
- Hospital Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine (primary care)
- Nephrology – kidney diseases
- Palliative Care
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary & Intensive Care
- Rheumatology and Arthritis
- Smoking & Tobacco Cessation